Sibila & Co. offers excellent opportunities for legal consultants, paralegals and support staff who want to meet the challenges facing attorneys and law firms today. Sibila & Co. is looking for candidates who have outstanding academic achievements and a superior work ethic.
Professional, self-motivated, tech-savvy, committed individual sought to provide paralegal support in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. This is a full-time position, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
Location - Melville, NY
Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate or appropriate job-related experience;
Minimum of five years’ of experience as a litigation paralegal;
Superior technical skills in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills, with meticulous attention to detail;
Ability to take initiative, work independently, and assume responsibility to prioritize multiple tasks, deal with urgent client needs, and work under tight deadlines;
Strong vocabulary, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills;
Must be a team player focused on internal and external client service;
Notary a plus.
Create and edit documents in Word, Excel, and other applications from handwritten copy, typed copy and dictation;
Administer multiple calendars, schedule meetings, prepare expense reimbursements and oversee travel arrangements;
Prepare correspondence as directed by attorneys;
Ensure proper setup and handling of client files;
Manage client intake process, timekeeping and billing;
Other responsibilities as client needs dictate.
This position is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate completion of bills for assigned billing.
Location - Melville, NY
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Business or Finance;
- Minimum of one year accounting, billing, or finance experience;
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and systems information skills;
- Ability to compile and analyze and present data in a user-friendly format;
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and customer service-oriented.
- Prepare and distribute monthly bills;
- Process edits, transfers, adjustments, and electronic final monthly bills;
- Provide billing research for current and past bills;
- Conduct detailed analysis of accounting and billing issues to reconcile any discrepancies;
- Work cooperatively with collections and assist with account receivable issues to minimize credit balances;
- Answer and respond to billing questions promptly;
- Provide back-up assistance as needed and other duties as assigned.
Self-starter sought to maintain and organize legal files and documents; maintain file integrity and operations by adhering to filing system procedures; retrieve information for users and perform clerical duties as needed.
Location - Melville, New York
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent;
Prefer candidates with a minimum of two years college, or two to four years of experience in a records management environment;
Ability to lift standard record boxes;
Accuracy in grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
Effective oral communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with firm personnel at all levels with a high degree of professionalism;
Ability to work independently and to sort priorities with minimum level of direct supervision.
- Perform clerical tasks related to updating and maintaining client files in accordance with established records management policies and procedures;
- Scanning large amount of files;
- Copy or coordinate copy jobs to ensure accurate reproduction of documents; send faxes or prepare transmittal form; send e-mails; mail documents and packages via regular mail, overnight delivery or courier services; review, sort, and distribute incoming mail to assigned timekeepers;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
If you are interested in providing us with your qualifications, mail, e-mail or fax a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements to:
Sibila & Co., Inc.
1 Schwab Road, Suite 2
Melville, New York 11746